LTE North America Awards 2011 winners announced
A report from Informa Telecoms & Media has confirmed that the US is by far the biggest hotbed of LTE activity in the world with some 63 per cent of all LTE subscribers currently based in North America. It’s thus fitting that the great and the good from the LTE industry were earlier this week gathered at the Fairmont Dallas Hotel in Dallas, Texas, USA for the LTE North America Awards 2011. The awards celebrate the innovation and excellence in that has taken place over the past 12 months in the LTE industry and features 60 nominees across nine categories.
Attendees from across the industry enjoyed a gala dinner where they were able to relax with colleagues, enjoy the atmosphere, and for the lucky winners, toast their success.
The full shortlist and details of all the awards are available to read in detail, but the actual award winners can be found below. Well done to all.
- Best Contribution to R&D for LTE: Huawei Technologies
- Best Contribution to LTE Standards (Individual Only): Dr. Xiang “Steven” Chen – Huawei Technologies
- Significant Progress for a Commercial Launch of LTE by a Carrier – 2010/11: MetroPCS 4G LTE
- Significant Progress for a Commercial Launch of LTE by a Vendor – 2010/11: Ericsson 4G LTE
- Best Network / Device Testing Product for LTE: Anritsu ME7834 mobile device test platform
- Best Enabling Technology for LTE : ZTE ZXSDR BS8920
- Best Chipset / Processor Product: GCT Semiconductor GDM7240
- Best LTE Core Network Product: Nokia Siemens Networks – Open Core System
- Awards for Individual Contribution to LTE Development (Individual Only): Aeneas Dodd-Noble, Cisco Systems
The next LTE conference is LTE Latin America 2012, taking place on the 17-18 April 2012, at the Windsor Barra Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.